All Righttime Medical Care Centers offer COVID-19 exams and testing without a referral, either via online appointments or by walking in anytime.
COVID-19 Appointment Scheduling
Before Your Visit:
- For your safety and the safety of our patients, please do not bring additional family members into the Care Centers.
- View complete information about COVID-19 testing fees.
What to Expect During Your Visit:
- Check-in and check-out right in your exam room.
- Increased sanitizing procedures.
- Designated exam rooms for patients receiving COVID-19 evaluations.
- Hand sanitation stations throughout our facilities.
COVID-19 Test Results:
- View your test results by logging into the Patient Portal.
- Please note that COVID-19 tests are processed by outside labs. Turnaround times are currently significantly extended due to expanded statewide testing. We apologize for any inconvenience.
COVID-19 Test FAQs:
- What is the COVID-19 test?
- This test involves a quick nasal swab, which confirms whether you have an active infection of COVID-19.
- Do you have a rapid COVID-19 test?
- At the present time, we offer COVID-19 rapid testing for individuals with symptoms at our Waldorf, La Plata, and California locations. We are expanding rapid testing for individuals with COVID-19 symptoms at our other locations shortly.
- Do you offer the COVID-19 vaccination?
- No, please visit the Maryland Department of Health to locate a COVID-19 vaccination site.
- Will I need to pay for a COVID-19 test?
- Righttime Medical Care does not require referrals for COVID-19 testing and, therefore, our providers perform a physical exam on each patient who visits for a COVID-19 test for his or her general health.
- For patients with insurance, Righttime will submit to your insurance company for the exam and the COVID-19 test, as well as any other lab tests. Your insurance plan will determine whether you are responsible for any portion of the exam charge or the laboratory charge for testing.
- For self-pay patients with symptoms, your claim will be processed through the Families First Coronavirus Response Act Relief Fund. You may receive a separate bill from the lab in some cases.
- For self-pay patients without symptoms (asymptomatic), we will bill for the cost of the exam and any specimens sent to an outside lab for testing (including the COVID-19 test), which may result in a separate fee(s).
- Please visit our information regarding fees.
- How can I obtain a screening for COVID-19 without a physical exam if I don't have symptoms and my employer or school is requiring documentation or I just need peace of mind?
- Because Righttime Medical Care is part of the MedStar Health family, you may use MedStar eVisit for a referral to one of MedStar Health's COVID-19 testing tents or to discuss other types of home or state-based testing options.
- Find a local state-based testing location: Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, D.C.
- Consider one of these home-based testing options.
- Travel testing for COVID-19 is no longer offered. Please consider the alternative testing options above.
- How can I find more information on preventing COVID-19 and other illnesses?
- How can I find out more information about COVID-19 monoclonal antibody infusion treatment?
- Several hospital and medical centers around the state of Maryland offer antibody infusion treatment for patients with positive PCR test results for COVID-19 and who meet certain criteria. Your primary care provider must refer you by completing a referral form. Complete information, including a link to access the referral form, can be downloaded from our website.